• Announcements

• Talon

Greyforums Mascot ❤️   11/05/2017

I am proud to announce that the beautiful African grey, shown next to Greyforums on our home page is our beloved Sukei!  Our guardian angel KevinD has saved our grey family so that we may continue to share in the bond we have with our finds. This honor is well deserved, and I am thrilled to have Sukei as our Official Greyforums Mascot!  ♥️
Sign in to follow this  
danmcq

Importance of mental stimuli when young

Do singing, reading, talking, acting like a dork, playing with wadded up paper and various toys, and holding him up in front of me praising count? :)IMG_0881.JPG<br><br>Post edited by: Elvenking, at: 2010/02/25 22:38

IMG_0881.JPG

After Dave Womach posted a video of Chessie free flying on the forum I started cruising through his little instructional videos and found one on this subject. He recommends introducing your grey to a new object every day starting when they are young so that they loose the fear of new objects and phobic reactions to new things. A little different than your article but in the same theme of stimulating from an early age.

Dan, you just make my day. When my children were born, I read everything I could get my hands on to learn what to do to be a better parent. There was an article in the newspaper offering the services of a social worker to come in an access the home. She came in and took one look around and said this looks more like a preschool than a typical home and left assuring me we were doing better than most. I approached getting a grey with the same sense of research. Every day I wonder, what could I do better and strive for that. The time, interaction, toys and a safe environment really do make a difference. Life has so much to offer that I believe at any age we should try something new every day and not just for our birds, but for our own brains as well.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this