Anyone know where I can buy the cardboard tubes used to make bird bagels? I found a few suppliers online, however the tubes aren't thick like bird bagels...

Any help would be appreciated. Sully goes through these like mad!

Sorry, don't know where you can get them. I buy them in bulk for my 3 birds. I can imagine they would be hard to cut.

My distributor is local - so I just advise what I need when I need it, and pick it up.

There are plenty of online stores that offer online sales of bagels as well (if you don't need hundreds at a time!).

I actually would like a whooooole bunch. The cheapest I can find them is still sort of expensive. That's why I'm hoping to find the big tubes and cut them myself... which is seemingly harder than I thought it would be :)

If you use pallet wrap (found at Office Depot for $30) the cores are extremely thick and my Grey loves chewing on it. I never tried cutting it, it's like 1/4" think at least.

Cutting with a nice edge - you would probably need a really good Band saw blade - the thickness of some tubes could wear this down rather quickly.

it IS difficult to find anything larger than 3" Bagels in person for me, so I have to bite the bullet and buy online - not in bulk pricing, unfortunately.

But hey, if one of us became a distributor for Birdie Bagels, good deals could be made ;)

Maybe if you do a goggle search you might find an online supplier of them at a more reasonable price but my Josey doesn't much care for them, to each their own.

Well, I found some more, but the problem is that they are thin tubes. Looks like I'll have to suck it up and spend the money on the bagels.

I hate to deny any of my birds anything, lol but I don't think I can afford the bagel habit! :)