murfchck

Murphy Flock, 9 and counting.

So sorry about your niece.  I've struggled with bouts of suicidal depression since my teens.  (I'm bi-polar).  As dark as it has gotten, I've always been blessed with 5% of my brain that's been able to reason out what my killing myself would do to my friends and family, but it's been very bad at times. I've been on a med now that has stabilized my mood for the past three years.  You really believe that other people will be better off without you around, that you matter little in other people's lives.  I'm sorry your niece lost this battle.  I hope her family isn't blaming themselves. It's an insidious and evil illness and sometimes, despite everyone's best efforts, it wins.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Crushing loss it is a shame she isn't able to see how valued she was to her friends as well as family. Hugs all around.

• Like 3

Okay. I got this picture thing now! This is Frito!

Also, Tamale with the last picture I took of my niece! 

What else have you not seen that ramble on about? Lol the chickens, goats, new dog, new cats?

Resized_20170828_175513_6106.jpg

Resized_20170715_185220.jpg

Resized_20170715_185229.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, murfchck said:

Steve, come on out here! From a week or two ago!

Those guys look like they need a nice dinner date with me.   However, I'm not sure if you've seen my GreycieMae's Sunroom/Aviary thread...I'm up to my eyeballs in construction.  Actually as of yesterday I'm up to my eyeballs in pink insulation and it itches like crazy!!!    This was supposed to be done around mid-October.  I'm estimating next Christmas now just to be safe.

It's looks like Frita( the Grey?) has you totally whipped.  They have that power you know.  I do whatever is demanded of me.

I swear I've seen that picture of your niece before.  Did you post it here?  I'm wondering if I saw it on the news?   Such a sad sad situation.

• Like 3

I have been watching your addition of the sunroom, it looks incredible! We won't be doing anything about the pigs until after deer season. The deer seem to know our house is their safe zone and bed here at night. I do not want to disrupt them and drive them away so, you and the pigs can have a date next year!!

I posted that picture on Facebook, you may have seen it there.

Yup, she does have me wrapped around her finger without a doubt! She has been pretty cranky lately, I am chalking it up to hormones.

• Like 3

This is Ming! Yup, we are officially insane. Lol. Actually, a friend found herself unable to keep Ming due to her health and she is also about to have both hips replaced. Ming is 14 and has been with them her whole life. One of the girls who helps me with my birds asked her mom and dad for one for Christmas. They asked me to help them and 4 days later I picked up Ming. Funny how things meant to be have a way of working out!  

1512425619562932352349.jpg

• Like 3

Awww..Ming's a cutie.   Cockatiels have so much personality packed into that little body it's unreal.   I never knew they came without the overdone rouge.  If our little Stevie could meet Ming, he'd ask him "whatchyadoin?"

Stevie (Medium).jpg

Edited by SRSeedBurners
  • Like 4

Pretty baby :) How many birds do you have now? I have to admit I've lost track ;)  I really don't know how you do it. 

• Like 3

I admire your dedication and can't imagine the work involved.  Now that Timber is "handicapped" it seems like a full time job at times for me. Bless you.

• Like 3

We have the 2 that are handicapped, one was the metabolic bone disease and both of her feet are wacky, Frito, and then Gabby, one of her legs are bent at the "hip" and the foot is turned inwards. Frito is the only one who has a special cage design, Gabby just has lots of shelves where she can rest (and chew said shelves, lol ). Frito has to have her cage papers changed daily though and she won't let Pat in to it! We raised the bottom to about 2" below the food and water bowls so she could crawl around and play. She loves that but what a mess, she will poop and walk through it or put her beak in it. I can't change her cage each time she poops and the thought of greys being so smart fly's right out the window when I see her do that!

• Like 3

Ha, Timber is not particular about walking through his poop either!  I don't think greys see it quite like we do... He is in a "hospital" cage now, and I have to keep a towel in the bottom. You can imagine! When I'm not tending to him I'm doing laundry ;)  That's why I said I didn't know how you keep up with all of them.  He takes up so much of my time and there is only one of him!

• Like 1

We have oneTimneh that has a badly turned foo, he gets around great and is the most aggressive with other animals and birds of our flock. Smarty Pants  has no idea he has a problem at all.

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.