LNCAG

My grey is so lazy....

My grey is so lazy...

...that he tosses peanuts that are still in the shell to the floor. 

He refuses (after 22 years) to crack open his own peanut.  I gave up years ago, and just buy him the unsalted roasted peanuts in a jar (ready to eat kind).  My other parrots never minded cracking open a peanut.  My grey won't even crack open a small almond or ANY kind of nut!  I get that some nuts are difficult to open and perhaps are more appropriate for a macaw -- but c'mon -- peanuts???  :)

How lazy is your parrot???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought that Corky was the only Grey that would not crack open her own peanuts.

She would wait for me to crack them and open them for her.

Cricket my zon would go wild opening her own nuts.

• Like 2

Timber is lazy, really lazy. I put fresh peas on a skewer for him every morning. He will get one or two out himself, then sit there and stare at me til I come over and shell the rest. And handfeed each one to him. He will shell his own peanuts, but usually only does one side then tosses the other down. Like, I just wore myself out and don't have the energy to do the other one.

• Haha 2

My grey is so lazy...

...that he lifts one foot in the air and says "step up" when he wants to be held.

Now, if he wanted, this bird could fly over to the sofa or even slide down his bar and hit the floor in less than a second and walk over to me.  (Technically, I  suppose I appreciate this laziness -- nice to know he can sort of stay-put).  But he's using his foot like a hitchhiker's thumb!  

How lazy is YOUR grey???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alfie isn't too lazy. He'll shell his own nuts quite happily. And stay put? Pah! I wish! He flies where he wants, when he wants. In fact sometimes I offer him a step up and he'll fly instead.

• Like 3

Our birds are same way, some days I wish I could just have perch potatoes.    They all take a break from the chaos at around 2:30pm everyday but 3ish rolls around and it's time to get the party started again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mine is definitely a perch potato!   Macaws are sort of known for being big babies, always wanting to be held and carried everywhere; but a CAG?  Mine rarely leaves his perch, or sofa, or play area or wherever you set him down.  Lazy and not overly adventurous -- happily contented to just stay put and play where he is.  That's not to say he won't chew & destroy stuff (toys or not) within in his easy/lazy reach... And like a cat, he takes joy in just knocking things onto the floor.  I learned a long time ago not to play 'pick up' games with him!   lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1