Sign in to follow this  
PapillonDeNuit

When you just don't feel like it...

Z'anybody have those days (of course you do!) where maybe you didn't get much sleep, or maybe something happened , or maybe you didn't get much sleep, and you just can't engage your grey? I'm so exhausted today! Timmy is downstairs in the living room. My parents are drunk, watching TV in the dark. Poor Timmy keeps calling to me. I often have him upstairs with me, but since the two really bad bites, I can't. I can't until my finger is healed. I;m soooooooooo tired, and every time he calls to me, i feel obligated to call back. But I ... I'm so tired that it hurts my brain to do it. And every time he calls, feels like I'm getting woken from a nap, even though I'm awake. I wanna disappear and sleep for ten to twelve hours. But I can't, because somebody I love very much needs me.

I engaged my buddy a lot earlier today, but now I'm sooooooo tired!

EDIT: The "a lot" applies to how much I engaged Timmy, not how long ago it was.

Edited by PapillonDeNuit
  • Like 2

I think that we all have those days where we're dragging ourselves around with a tank almost on empty.

I'm sure that Timmy appreciated the call backs. It's reassuring for them to receive a reply to their calls.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you.

• Like 2

Yes I do. Some days it is very difficult to get out of bed - let alone have to deal with and engage with anyone. 😂

You need to look after yourself too. Make sure you rest and sleep when you need to. Timmy will probably still keep calling out. I know Alfie sits there calling out during the day when I'm not there. He practices lots of sounds regardless of whether I respond. Yes, he enjoys it when I'm there and I DO respond but he's also quite happy chattering away to himself sometimes too (so much so that I couldn't get a word in to call back even if I wanted to!)

You're of more use to Timmy when you're well rested and happy. They pick up on moods so quickly. If you're tired and run down, he'll notice. And the more tired you get, the less patience you'll have. So give yourself a break and don't be so hard on yourself.

This is one day in a lifetime. Let it pass and hopefully tomorrow will be a better one. :)

• Like 2