Sign in to follow this  
birdsaregreat

question/help

hello to all i have seen this yaheetech cage on line it does not sound to bad just wandering if anyone has some thoughts on this cage seems like it has the same things as say a&e or kings cages just any thoughts on this if these are safe cages i do not want to purchase something that is not safe, thank you for any help on this

• Like 1

Many cages made are simply wrought iron ones that have been powdered coated with paint. Uncoated wrought iron is susceptible to rusting. 

• Like 1

I'm partial to King's cages and don't have experience with the brand you listed. As Greytness said, you want to be sure it is powder coated. I've seen stuff about some cages from China having toxic materials in their powder coating, but hopefully that's been corrected. I tend to stick with brands I know.

I'm not familiar with this brand. Do you have a link or a picture you can share with us?

I have used liberta cages and Alfie's travel cage is a kings cage. I would buy a kings cage as his main cage but they don't do one big enough*. Alfie currently has a liberta enterprise cage as his main cage.

(* = they do plenty of cages which are "big enough" for an African Grey but I wanted the biggest cage I could get)

Edited by neoow
  • Like 1